Sunday, June 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Let me start by saying that I'm very glad to be back home in Texas. There are many things I miss about Ireland though and a part of me will always feel left behind. So it was so lovely that we got to spend St. Patrick's Day this year with our friends from Ireland. Our very good friend we met in Dublin moved to Austin this year. We are so glad to have her as part of our Texas family now. And as a bonus, our friends Ashleigh and Johnnie visited from Dublin as well. I'm pretty sure we "Americans" offended Johnnie a bit with our quite-distorted celebration of Irish culture. But I think fun was had by all nonetheless. Sláinte!



Irish present for Harris - his first hurling stick

Irish present for Richard






Fado's Austin St. Patrick's Day Festival



No comments:

Post a Comment