Thursday, December 2, 2010

La Muerte de mis 20s - Barcelona


We chose Barcelona to celebrate my three decades of existence. I've heard many people express their love for the city of Barcelona. I honestly didn't buy into the hype. I love traveling in Spain, and didn't think Barcelona would make me swoon for the country any more than I already do. I was wrong. Barcelona is an amazing and unique city. It is like one giant piece of art to explore. And we were fortunate to see Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia with a finished interior. In fact, the pope had been there just 7 days earlier to bless the newly completed masterpiece as a basilica. I was much slower than usual being 30 weeks pregnant and might have overdone it a bit. But I'm glad I got to see such a beautiful place. And it was a great way to celebrate 30 years of living.

La Boqueria











Las Ramblas




Casa Batlló









Parc Guell







More Barcelona































No comments:

Post a Comment